These 6 facts are key to your understanding and application of Clinical consent:
- Informed, voluntary consent must be received for examination and treatment
- Shared decision making is the model of choice for receiving consent
- Every patient giving consent must have the capacity to consent
- Consent may be written, oral or by compliance
- Informed consent is needed for examination, treatment and sharing of information
- Consent is an on-going process, not a one-off event
Learn more about consent by purchasing the Mint Folder and audit your consent procedures. There are template consent forms for you to use too.